At Heart of the Customer, we’re pleased to introduce our forthcoming book on journey mapping best practices!
Journey mapping opens up extraordinary avenues for business growth, but only when done wisely and well. Through insight from CX pros, extensive research, and real-world case studies, you can learn the best way to capture your customers’ experiences to drive action that gets results, boosting loyalty, satisfaction, and your bottom line.
Heart of the Customer’s Mapper-In-Chief Jim Tincher and Practice Lead Nicole Newton have teamed up to write the definitive guide to journey mapping. Featuring interviews with dozens of CX practitioners and a survey with hundreds more, this book shows you how to do journey mapping in a way that leads to action.
Ten things you will learn in the book:
- What are the most common business cases for journey mapping?
- Should I focus on a specific sub-journey or map the end-to-end customer experience?
- Do I need to invest in specialized journey mapping software or other tools?
- Do I need to do any prep work, or can I just jump right into mapping the journey?
- How do I discover the Moments of Truth that matter most to my customers?
- How do I incorporate personas into my journey maps?
- Do I need a graphic journey map or is a grid good enough?
- How can a journey map show what my customers are thinking and feeling?
- What are the biggest mistakes companies make when doing journey mapping on their own?
- What do I do with my customer journey map once it’s created?
Learn how to create journey maps that actually get results
Nearly two out of three journey maps fail to drive customer-focused change. Find out how to make your initiative successful, and avoid the pitfalls that doom so many others, with this authoritative new book, currently available for pre-order (due April 2019).
With insights from dozens of CX pros, extensive research, and real-world case studies [or “examples”?], How Hard Is It to Be Your Customer will help you understand why some maps drive action – leading to an improved customer experience, greater customer loyalty, and impressive ROI – while others just gather dust on a shelf.
Pre-order your copy here.
Reviews are already pouring in:
Journey mapping is…often misunderstood or taken as a single tactic. Jim and Nicole connect both culture and action in this smart new book.
— Jeanne Bliss, co-founder of the Customer Experience Professional’s Association, and author of Would You Do That to Your Mother?
Tincher and Newton teach you to see the world through the customer’s eyes to then learn how to make journeys more relevant, personal, and unforgettable.
— Brian Solis, author of X: The Experience When Business Meets Design
To deliver the best customer experience, you must know everything your customers experience, and that starts with creating a customer journey map. It’s not an option – it’s a must-do. And this is the must-read book for helping you make that happen.
— Shep Hyken, customer service expert and New York Times bestselling author of The Amazement Revolution